The Government & Business Dual Major Program is a faith-based program designed to prepare students to serve God and society by giving students the educational background to analyze and evaluate government policy and its importance on liberties, culture, employment, and business performance. By combining a Government and Business major, the student will obtain the additional skills and knowledge necessary to manage an organization in the twenty-first century. Unlike most government and business programs, the OCU Government & Business Dual Major Program requires students to be versed in numerous aspects of public service, business, economics, and related fields. Students will be prepared to exercise their Christian worldview no matter what field they enter.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Work in public, private, and non-profit sectors that require knowledge of government, business, economics, and politics.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into critical thinking and decision-making related to the fields of Government and Business.
- Analyze and evaluate public policy and its impact on a nation and its people.
- Provide an argument for the rights Americans may exercise in relation to their freedoms - with specific emphasis on religious rights.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze an organization's operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.