The program offers students a dual major in Christian Ministries and Business and will provide the necessary preparations and qualifications to work in both church and business environments. In addition, it will enable graduates to serve as pastor in any local church setting regardless of their initial level of financial support.
Upon completion of this program the student should be able to:
- Evidence competence in the fields of ministry and business.
- Lead and grow a congregation.
- Develop and preach sermons that address congregational needs, integrate a Christian worldview, and reflect an understanding of contemporary culture.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Bible, an understanding of Wesleyan doctrine, and competency in using exegetical skills requisite for leading a congregation and life learning.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze a business operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.