The Leadership and Ministry major is for the student who has felt a calling into ministry. This program provides the necessary information for students to effectively lead a church, a ministry within a church, or even a non-profit organization.
Students who complete the Leadership and Ministry major should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision-making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Articulate a doctrinal position and its relevance to ministry.
- Lead a local ministry.
- Demonstrate skills in communicating the gospel in a variety of contexts and to various audiences.
- Apply practical ministry skills to meet the pastoral needs of a local congregation.
Students within the following categories can obtain a form from their OCU Academic Advisor to apply for the “Internship by PLA” process: a) five or more years in a paid full time pastoral role with a local church or b) ten or more years in staff/associate positions and currently serving in a paid pastoral position with a local church. This form must be submitted prior to the completion of the student’s first scheduled class.
120 Semester Credits
- 36 General Education
- 39 General Electives
- 45 Program Requirements