This degree is a customized, interdisciplinary degree. Students receive individualized academic advising and a broad educational experience with coursework from a variety of academic disciplines. The program includes general education requirements and an area of concentration but not a specific major. The concentration area can be tailored to prepare students for entry into a particular career area. The degree provides maximum flexibility for students who have well-defined career objectives and wish to determine the content of their degree rather than pursue one of the established majors at OCU. The degree serves as a bridge to numerous higher degree programs and prepares students for employment in areas not requiring specific associate degrees. Students in this major are not eligible to graduate additional designations on transcript (eg. double major, concentration, certificate).
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in the broad range of academic knowledge and skills required by the various academic disciplines.
- Identify problems and analyze, diagnose, and develop solutions from a broad-based perspective.
- Use the acquired academic knowledge and skills as the foundation for success in future educational and/or vocational plans.
- Explain their individualized program of study and academic training to a prospective employer or an admissions officer of a baccalaureate program.